The Takeover Board, established by the Board of Securities Market Association, is responsible for providing recommendations on the practices related to takeovers, mergers and acquisitions.
An application can be made to the Takeover Board for a statement regarding interpretation of the Helsinki Takeover Code, compliance with good securities markets practice as well as individual company law issues related to takeovers, mergers or acquisitions.
The Takeover Board can provide a statement of recommended practice concerning any individual case. The statement may be requested by any party of the case, an attorney or other advisor to such party, state authority or any other party of interest.
In order to obtain a statement, an applicant shall submit an application including appendices to the Takeover Board either in writing or in a reliable way electronically. The applicants are advised to contact the Takeover Board, preferably during the preparation phase of the planned takeover or other transaction. In order to apply for a Takeover Board statement, please contact the secretary of the Takeover Board.
The chairman of the Takeover Board is Counsellor of Law Juhani Mäkinen, Aval Ltd.
Other members of the Takeover Board are
- Professor Tom Berglund, Svenska Handelshögskolan
- Director Kari Hietanen, Wärtsilä Corporation
- Professor Seppo Ikäheimo, Aalto University
- Director Timo Kaisanlahti, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Managing Partner Juha Karttunen, Sisus Partners Ltd
- CEO Sari Lounasmeri, The Finnish Foundation for Share Promotion
- Director Tarja Tyni, Mandatum Life
- Non-Executive Director Kim Karhu, various companies
- Non-Executive Director Kim Ignatius, various companies
- Legal Counsel Antti Turunen, Finland Chamber of Commerce
Finland Chamber of Commerce
Tel. +358 9 4242 6265